Senior Broadcast Operator
Posted Aug 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 69055
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Operations supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our APAC headquarters in Hong Kong, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every single day.
We are looking for someone who is well versed with all aspects of broadcast operations. You will be someone who knows the technical side, but can also take a lead role on live shoots and direct a team of people to successfully deliver content.
Whilst you will have a deep knowledge of the technical, you will also possess a good dose of creativity and have the ability to work with producers to continue to improve programming and make our shows even better.
We will also require you to work closely and coordinate with other teams around Asia as well as counterparts in London and New York.
We’ll expect you to:
- Be a multi-skilled technical operator
- Be heavily involved in planning live and prerecorded multi-camera shoots across the APAC region.
- Executing those events including at various times camerawork, basic switching and editing.
- Supporting the live broadcasts from HK studio as a Cameraman/Floor Manager when needed
- Editing feature programs
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years broadcast experience
- Field camera experience.
- Live studio experience
- Strong technical grounding either in engineering or operations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of live basic vision mixing would be nice but it can be taught.
- Strong editing experience
- Knowledge of file types and troubleshooting technical edit problems.
- Experience with varied field transmission systems
- Ability to maintain composure and to work independently (quickly) in high-pressure situations
- Willingness/flexibility with hours (may include evenings, nights and weekends)
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and be inventive with the technical resources at hand.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.