Senior Compliance Officer – APAC, Hong Kong
Posted Oct 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 110996
Bloomberg’s Legal and Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Asia Pacific (APAC) Bloomberg Compliance team is part of the Global Compliance Department and provides compliance coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. As part of the Legal and Compliance organisation, the Compliance team ensures that Bloomberg’s activities and its employees adhere to applicable regulations and standards.
What's the role?
As part of Bloomberg’s Compliance team expanding its coverage in APAC, an outstanding new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Compliance advisory professional to join the APAC Compliance team, based in Hong Kong. This is a critical role with a broad remit and responsibilities across the region, reporting directly into the APAC Chief Compliance Officer.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist to implement and maintain the firm’s Compliance Program, including policies and procedures
- To monitor, track and communicate major proposals and trends on regulatory change and enforcement, including impact analysis. Advise management and key stakeholders on risks and opportunities in this area
- Provide Compliance coverage of the firm’s electronic trading platforms and products, including handling regulatory reporting, Compliance related queries, alerts and incidents
- Prepare and deliver Compliance training addressing employee needs and Compliance requirements as well as enhancing employee awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and sensitivities
- Provide Compliance advice to the business and support groups to ensure Compliance with regulatory and company requirements and standards
- Coordinate internal audits and regulatory inspections, including responses to regulatory inquiries and surveys from regulators including HKMA and SFC
- Handle customer and third party inquiries, managing regulatory considerations effectively
- Assist with the design and oversight of the Compliance document management system
- Implement appropriate Compliance controls and tools, including working with Compliance technology support and other internal functions to make enhancements and address any gaps identified
- Collaborate with regional compliance and legal teams, including operations, risk and engineering teams to implement Compliance policies and procedures. Provide input on APAC requirements, risks and opportunities
- Represent the Compliance team on global meetings and committees
- Prepare and present periodic reports to management
- Assist in other compliance projects and initiatives relevant to the Asia Pacific Compliance team
You'll need to have:
- Degree holder, preferably in Law or in a business-related discipline
- 5 to 10 years of relevant Compliance experience in a regulated financial institution, ideally in a business facing role. Strong knowledge of financial industry rules and regulations
- Good understanding of fixed income products
- Experience in liaising with securities regulators and managing regulatory inquiries, surveys and inspections
- Prior experience developing and conducting training is strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a team with diverse stakeholders and possess strong technical skills to work in a fast pace, technology driven environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to quickly issue-spot and apply sound judgment
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese speaking skills
- Experience working with key regulators in APAC, e.g. SFC, MAS, ASIC, HKSFC
- Good understanding of electronic trading platforms and operations
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.