Senior Data Management Professional - Data Product Owner - Company Financials, Consumer, Hong Kong
Posted Dec 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 122161
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Company Financials team provides our clients with fast and accurate market-moving data so they can stay on top of their game: broker estimates, financial filings, and any other dataset that is useful to understand financial performance in the markets. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insights provided by the industry teams. We combine financial modeling, industry expertise, data management, and technical skills to curate critical metrics and drive insights from our data.
We are dedicated to crafting a best-in-class financial analysis and modeling product while continuously looking to enhance and expand our existing offering through a deep understanding of the markets we operate in, the sectors we cover, and our clients current and future needs.
What's the Role?
The Company Financials Consumer Discretionary & Staples Team is looking for an Industry Product Owner focused on developing the commercialization strategy for the Consumer sector. This role is key in setting strategy for our Consumer datasets for global companies. You will need to be able to navigate through unknowns and ambiguity while making impactful decisions and be the driving force for solutions.
In this role, you will be expected to drive the strategy for the Consumer datasets and be the link that connects the team, product, and datasets with its users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues and partners such as Product, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, our Data Governance team, Engineering, and most importantly external clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Bring deep expertise of the Consumer sector (& datasets) to drive Bloomberg’s data strategy.
- Understand customer needs and markets to ensure our consumer datasets are fit-for-purpose.
- Identify, support, and develop strategies for new datasets.
- Drive marketing efforts for product developments via sales campaigns, webinars, news and social media.
- Take ownership of the quality of our Consumer data making sure it is fit-for-purpose for clients.
- Develop data-driven strategies, balancing the best of technical and product knowledge, and work with our engineering and product departments to craft solutions.
- Make effective decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Mentor the global Consumer team on industry trends, financial modeling, large and complex data projects, and business initiatives related to the Consumer industry.
You'll need to have:.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in Data Product Ownership/Manager role or data management related fields such data quality, data modeling, data architecture to tell a narrative and/or generate data-driven insights.
- Demonstrated experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or industry analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in Consumer Discretionary & Staples markets and products.
- Ability to quantify Consumer Discretionary & Staples trends impacting the industry, and ability to provide analysis that can shape commercial decisions.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in relevant Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Business, or related field, or degree-equivalent qualifications
- Strategic attitude to align client needs with team goals.
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners.
- Understanding of data integration using multiple data sources.
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills.
- Understanding of quality assurance and quality control from a data and product perspective.
- Proficiency using scripting languages (preferably Python) to query and interrogate datasets.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense and tableau.
- Proven track record of effective project management and meeting deliverables.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs.
We’d love to see:
- Master’s degree in relevant field and/or CFA designation (or working towards it).
- Familiarity with Consumer analytics data and available industry statistics from sources such as Bureau of Labor Statistics, Industry Associations, and Second Measure.
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Company Financials products, Bloomberg terminal fluency, and/or Bloomberg data workflows.
- Experience using statistical methods, programming, and machine learning approaches to promote and measure data quality and generate insights.
- Experience manipulating and wrangling large datasets.
- Experience profiling datasets and coming up with necessary requirements.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?