Senior HR Employee Relations Partner – Hong Kong
Posted Jul 31, 2023 - Requisition No. 117915
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join our Employee Relations (ER) team. Our team is crucial in maintaining a productive work environment and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. We partner with HR Business Partners, internal key partners, and our internal legal team to foster positive employee relations, provide guidance and support on complex employee relation issues, as well as ensure compliance with employment laws.
What’s the role?
As an Employee Relations Partner, you will play a critical role within our APAC HR team. You’ll provide advice and support to HR Business Partners, management, and leaders as it pertains to poor performers, complaints, concerns and conflict resolution. You’ll provide interpretation of policies and employment law, and will also serve as an employee advocate. Additionally, you will work with a variety of internal clients to collect, analyze and discuss facts of inquiries with relevant stakeholders and legal counsel to evaluate situations and determine necessary steps. Finally, you will be a subject matter expert on employee relations for our businesses in a number of countries across APAC as well as the primary owner of all ER process execution and administration for these countries. This role will also involve some HR policy work.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner
- Conduct effective and thorough investigations of employee complaints
- Benchmark, draft, and provide guidance on, and interpretation of certain country HR policies
- Perform analyses on ER trends and statistics in our case management tool HR Acuity
- Manage performance issues, medical accommodation, and behavioural risk issues
- Conduct educational training for HR and Managers
- Apply strategic thinking on handling a variety of Employee Relations situations across complex jurisdictions through to resolution and aid development of these skills amongst the team and people leaders
- Have a thoughtful approach towards applying global guidelines across varies jurisdictions, while managing risk and exposure
- Handle complex, escalated issues in a calm and measured way
- Gain a strong understanding of our varying business groups in order to effectively handle Employee Relations cases and suggest policy changes
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 10 years of HR experience, with 5 years+ of HR Employee Relations experience across two or more APAC countries, which will include Mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia
- Sound working knowledge of Employment laws in a number of these countries – Mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia
- A track record of applying problem solving and analytical skills to a range of HR issues
- Maturity, discretion, and good judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Proficiency in conducting administrative investigations in order to collect and analyze facts for cases to identify obscure or underlying causes of misconduct or poor performance to develop options for appropriate solutions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifications
We’d love to see:
- Leadership experience with a track record of building, developing and leading remote, cross-cultural teams
- Fluency in both written and spoken Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Learn more about our Bloomberg Hong Kong office and the comprehensive benefits plan we offer our employees - https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/global-roles/working-at-bloomberg-in-hong-kong/?tactic-page=588606
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.