Senior Media Recruiter – APAC
Posted Mar 28, 2019 - Requisition No. 74390
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, creative, and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the media and information services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, writers, producers, editors, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
You'll manage full life-cycle recruitment for all open roles across our Media business, as well as support some additional hiring across other business areas. Within our Media division, you’ll focus on roles supporting our Ad Sales, Operations, Marketing, Digital Product, Media Distribution, Consulting, Business Development, Events, and Strategy teams as well as additional businesses. You’ll spend your time developing and managing a quality candidate flow and placing experienced professionals into open positions. Out of the gate, you’ll foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an excellent candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg’s company strategy and values.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand hiring managers’ business needs and then collaborate with them by offering strategic recruiting guidance and advice
- Source candidates directly through industry networking and online recruiting tools.
- Manage and review resumes, test facilitation, scheduling, interviewing, offer negotiation/ closing, and on-boarding
- Provide continuous feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other stakeholders.
- Team up with HR Business Partners, Immigration, Relocation, and other stakeholders to quickly get the best candidates in and productive
- Stay on top of market trends affecting the Media businesses as well as employment trends
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance recruitment strategy
- Write compelling and persuasive job descriptions
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- Solid recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- The ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
- Proven behavioral interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Solid experience using applicant tracking systems, Human Resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications.
- Demonstrate passion, compassion, and the ability to lead by example
We’d love to see that you:
- You organize and present to stakeholders and execs with ease
- Have prior experience recruiting for Media roles in the past and have contacts and existing relationships within the Media industry
- Understand what Media people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know these stakeholders
- Have experience when it comes to implementing Human Resources and Recruiting initiatives
- Not only know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple innovative tricks up your sleeve
- Fluency in English and any other Asian language is an advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply and if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.