Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength and delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
What’s the Role?
We are currently looking for an APAC Payroll Senior Analyst to join the team in Hong Kong. Within this role you will be expected to supervise regional payroll operations, whilst ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. You will also lead a client specific team delivering pay to employees in the regions in multiple currencies through both internal systems and third party vendors.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead, mentor and evaluate performance of the payroll team
- Ensure compliance, best practices and proper controls
- Ensure vendor metrics and high accuracy rates are met
- Provide operational solutions, promoting team customer service and client satisfaction
- Provide escalation point for client specific issues, communicate in a professional manner and constantly strive for providing excellent customer service
- Work collaboratively with foreign contacts and international payroll providers to manage payroll in APAC Region
- Support the Compensation Accounting Department with Payroll account reconciliation
- Recommending system and process enhancements, providing analytical and statistical reports
- Provide guidance to team in resolving employee's queries and from time-to-time has to handle the enquiries directly
- Responsible as the main payroll owner for some of the countries
- Partner with internal end-users and external vendors to ensure payroll systems provide accurate and appropriate data, payments to employees and compliant reporting
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years in leading a payroll team directly in the Asia Pacific region
- Knowledge of Japanese payroll is a plus
- Hands-on payroll processing experience in multiple countries within Asia Pacific and with knowledge in local statutory requirements
- Fluent in spoken and written English is critical
- A record of demonstrated collaboration with internal and external business partners, human resource relationship managers, compensation, staffing and line of business partners
- Strong customer service skills, both written & verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proven experience with leading a successful team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Demonstrated overriding sense of urgency and action orientation
- Demonstrated ability to execute on plan and on budget
- Strong ability to listen to customers and develop practical, supportable, and efficient solutions to meet customer needs
- While we are not seeking a technologist, you should have an up-to-date appreciation for technology and information products within the Payroll, HR and Accounting industry.
We’d also like to see:
- A focus on staff development and team building and overseeing the development of careers by evaluating performance, implementing long-term career plans and mentoring staff
- The ability to develop solutions to complex issues autonomously while mitigating risk
- An intellectual curiosity and desire to create game-changing disruptive business models
- Not content with the status quo - continuously challenge oneself and others
- A creative, bright, effective, self-motivated individual who possesses, vision, initiative, energy and self-confidence
- A strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.