Senior Print Production Specialist
Posted Apr 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 74471
Come join our award-winning team. BINK, Bloomberg LP's global in-house print operation offers offset, digital, wide-format printing and fulfillment services. With a global team and print facilities located in New York, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong, the operation serves over 19,000 customers in 192 global offices, producing over 47,000 print requests in one year. We liaise with business departments across the Firm to produce the highest quality print products. Every single day the team receives challenging print requests and provides the best possible solutions. You will be based in our Hong Kong office.
You are a hands on senior print specialist that is outgoing, focused with solid experience in printing and customer service. Experience working with digital and offset equipment is a requirement.
- Strengthen existing vendor partnerships and build new ones to contribute to the business
- Collect, report and evaluate productivity to manager, raise and initiate any needed improvements.
- Negotiate, organize, schedule, and budget for a multitude of projects
- Stay on top of industry standards and trends and identify new technologies that can be used by Bloomberg.
- Analyze vendors and industry standard reporting, identify trends and gaps in order to enhance and maximize utilization in the facility. This means viewing data from vendor, ticket activity, and budget analysis reporting.
- Manage routine to complex pressroom activities
- Create project schedules for prepress, print, fulfillment, and shipping tasks
- Traffic projects through production and approval processes
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to solve customer inquiries and production challenges
- Multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Using your industry print expertise, you will independently advise and provide recommendations to customers on the resources and options available to them regardless of the ambiguity to meet the vision of the customer.
- Establish and strengthen customer relationship and stakeholder partnerships to make valuable contributions to the business.
- Negotiate, organize, schedule, and budget for regional print projects.
- Conduct weekly meeting customers and business partners to ensure alignment on priorities and quality of work.
- Align with global print leadership team to conduct quarterly business reviews for the region.
- You will operate all types of bindery equipment such as collators, cutters, inserters, perfect binders, saddle stitchers, and wire-o machines.
- Have a deep understanding in setting up equipment, performing quality controls and performing regular and preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Use your past experience in bindery to produce a phenomenal variety of printed materials, ultimately helping bring creative print design to life.
- You are able to operate HP Indigo’s and toner based digital presses with a deep understanding in setting up equipment, running jobs, performing quality controls and performing regular and preventative maintenance.
- You will use your exposure to material profiling and color management to produce printed materials on a variety of substrates.
- Checking specifications (including layouts) and quickly identify printing and material issues early to deliver results at the highest quality.
We'll trust you to:
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and make decisions to fix any production issues and equipment
- Monitor machine operation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Multi-task print requests according to planned deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Understand digital, offset, and wide format equipment capabilities
- Champion an environment of teamwork and collaboration globally.
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Solid experience on Indigo/Toner Digital Presses
- A comprehensive understanding of print planning methodology and all phases of print production
- Great knowledge of artwork/computer file requirements as related to the print request.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Quite Imposing and Enfocus PitStop
- Project management skills, including scheduling, milestone tracking verification, project status reporting
- Extensive vendor management experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Relationship management skills to liaise with our teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
We’d Love to see :
- Knowledge of FSC procedures and audits
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.