Senior Recruiter - Financial Products, Hong Kong
Posted Oct 21, 2020 - Requisition No. 86761
Challenging. Surprising. Fast-paced. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. At Bloomberg we work on purpose. All of us engage in meaningful work, delivering leading edge products and solutions that shape the industry and are critical to our customers. You’ll also get to work at a company that lives its values and provides employees with opportunities to give back. Whether you thrive on the energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, or the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, we’ll give you more than a job. We’ll give you the opportunity to do amazing work you couldn’t do anywhere else.
We’re the Financial Products Recruiting team, with colleagues across Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, London and New York. We manage full lifecycle recruitment for roles across Bloomberg's Financial Products division – a division that occupies the frontlines of Bloomberg’s global business through creating meaningful relationships with our customers by understanding their needs and helping develop products and services that exceed them. Through the Bloomberg Terminal and our fully integrated suite of Enterprise Solutions we provide our customers with the tools they need to navigate global business and financial markets — and the understanding they need to make smarter, faster decisions.
We identify and hire the best talent across a diverse slate of professionals from Sales and Account Managers to Product and Market specialists. Multi-talented people who want – and are up to – the challenge of doing work that will make a global impact. That means hiring at various levels of experience, finding a place for people who can demonstrate their expertise and prove their track record.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes an organisation go round. You don’t just transact but inject advice, well thought out sourcing strategies and key market insights at every step of the recruiting process. You’re also not shy when it comes to partnering with your clients to help identify and hire the best and brightest diverse talent, as well as building your internal and external networks. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team. Finally, you know the APAC financial services landscape well and just how critical it is to find the right problem solvers, doers, leaders and innovators in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and talent.
We'll trust you to:
- Fully understand the current and future talent needs and challenges of your respective businesses, working with team leaders and managers to build and execute effective talent acquisition strategies
- Manage the full lifecycle recruitment process for mid-to-senior level hires, from writing job descriptions, to reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, offer negotiation/closing, and onboarding
- Adopt a hi-touch recruitment approach throughout all this process, be it through regular feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other internal stakeholders
- Directly source talent, through internal and external means, both for open roles as well as building future pipeline
- Interpret and leverage internal and external market data to influence and drive strategic initiatives
- Work closely with your HR stakeholders - Business partners, Talent Leadership & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Relations, and Immigration, to be an effective and trusted strategic partner to your business stakeholders
- Have a holistic talent management view through building strong working relationships with regional and global HR peers, to identify opportunities and challenges impacting your businesses, and driving strategic initiatives collaboratively
- Stay on top of market, employment and macro trends affecting the various departments across Financial Products
- Partner with internal stakeholders and communities as well as external organisations, to continuously improve and enhance our diverse recruitment strategies
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You'll need to have:
- 8+ years of recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced professionals within the Financial Services space with a combination of agency/search firm and in-house experience
- A clear understanding of what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to
- The ability to execute on recruiting assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills; a consultative approach; the ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority; and network effectively within a global matrixed organisation
- Strong candidate assessment and interviewing skills
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- You communicate and present to senior stakeholders and executives with ease
- Passionate about what you do, emotionally intelligent, and always leads by example
We'd love to see:
- Be forward looking, constantly looking for gaps and seizing opportunities
- Leadership experience, having developed people to deliver and achieve at their full potential
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/company/financial-products/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.