Senior Software Engineer - Exchange Trading Connectivity - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 104532
Every day in Bloomberg, our systems analyse, process, and execute trading on trillions of data points. As a result, the biggest players in the financial industry depend on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades, and analyse the markets. As engineers, we’re building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility, and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
Exchange Trading Connectivity (ETC) is an engineering group in Bloomberg that acts as a center of excellence, facilitating the transactional connectivity of Bloomberg’s various order and execution management systems to exchanges. In APAC, we are strengthening Bloomberg’s position as a leader in many markets by providing connectivity to major exchanges and venues. We are continuing to see tremendous growth in China markets in particular.
What's in it for you?:
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth of our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with our Product team, and meet internal clients to understand their needs and workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development life cycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment, and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community – from Inner Source to Open Source to our stakeholders
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (C++/Python/Java), with enthusiasm towards improving and maintaining critical functions and APIs
- Mandarin language proficiency to communicate directly with major exchanges and trading venues
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving and critical thinking
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- A team-player attitude with willingness and ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people from all over the world
- Willingness to acknowledge and learn from mistakes and the desire to constantly improve oneself
- An interest in staying up to date with trends in the industry
We'd love to see:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- An interest in building robust, scalable production systems, and working with multi-threaded applications
- Willingness to work with high volume, high availability distributed systems and an understanding of its unique challenges
- An interest in the financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.