Senior Software Engineer - Ticker Plant - Hong Kong
Posted Jul 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 81921
Bloomberg Ticker Plant builds software that manages the storage and distribution of Market Data in Bloomberg. Market Data is information - trades, quotes, and other pricing data - gathered from around the world on every possible kind of financial instrument, from stocks and bonds to currencies and commodities. This often exceeds 100 billion unique events per day.
In Hong Kong, we’re building a new team to specialise in the market data we receive from venues across the Asia-Pacific region. The team will be responsible for the quality of that data, and will need to react to real-world changes to ensure our crucial financial information keeps flowing to our clients. In addition, the team will need to be proactive in improving Ticker Plant’s internal client interfaces, with a broad remit to improve user interfaces, tooling, and documentation.
Ticker Plant is made up of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We value learning and development, continuous improvement and a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the team, all of which are crucial as we improve and maintain a large and complex system. Come join us!
Who are you?
A hands-on developer who appreciates the importance of stability, performance and maintainability in a large-scale system. You’re interested in high-performance computing and enjoy researching new ways to improve our systems by employing the latest technologies from both Bloomberg and the open source world. Plus you are the kind of person who thrives in a highly collaborative team environment that emphasises a culture of teamwork, engagement, high performance plus you are also comfortable handling a broad spectrum of challenges.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical components of our Ticker Plant stack.
- Participate in the full SDLC to produce systems that are highly efficient, robust and scalable.
- Build strong relationships with peers and development teams across Bloomberg and around the world to better understand their application requirements and how we can best partner with them.
- Take risks. You will be encouraged to explore, innovate and strive to exceed expectations.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong knowledge and experience working with C++, multi-threading and multiprocessing systems in a Unix/Linux environment.
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and a proven record at incorporating new technology into existing systems.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- The desire to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle effectively through to resolution.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know.
Join our Hong Kong C++ Meetups group -> https://www.meetup.com/Hong-Kong-C-Interest-Group/
Check out Bloomberg Engineering -> www.bloomberg.com/engineering
Read about the unique problems we’re solving -> TechAtBloomberg.com
Olivia Meets Chelsea Ohh, Software Engineer Team Lead at Bloomberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmatgY7wGBE&feature=youtu.be