Social Media Editor - Bloomberg Digital APAC (6 months contract)
Posted Nov 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 111337
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The APAC digital team is seeking a Social and Audience Development Editor to drive growth across Bloomberg Digital properties in either our Hong Kong, Singapore, or Sydney offices. The ideal candidate will manage content distribution and strategy across social media platforms. You will work with reporters and editors to frame and optimize text and video content for social platforms, and package content for distribution on Bloomberg social accounts in an effort to drive traffic back to Bloomberg.com.
The ideal candidate is an expert in social media best practices and has a deep knowledge of what types of stories perform best on each platform. You have the ability to take a single story and package it in different ways on each platform to ensure optimal performance. You will be responsible for identifying top stories and social trends as well as monitoring breaking news and live events.
We'll trust you to:
- Think creatively about tactics and techniques in order to meet monthly traffic goals
- Distribute Bloomberg content (video, stories, etc) on social platforms with an eye toward expanding reach, increasing engagement and driving up referral traffic
- Cover breaking news on a daily basis
- Own story packaging for specific content verticals across platforms
- Monitor, analyze and distribute social metrics to wider teams as needed
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital newsroom environment
- Strong editorial judgment
- Regional news coverage experience.
- Proficiency in social analytics and publishing tools (CMS)
- An ability to stay calm and act in a fast-paced, breaking news environment
- An ability to adapt to changing news habits and audiences behavior
We’d love to see:
- A demonstrated track record of driving audience growth and social referral traffic
- Familiarity with business and finance news is a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg