Social Media Strategist - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 79103
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Content and Social Marketing team exists to create and distribute valuable content to attract, acquire and engage relevant audiences. Our goal is to elevate the Bloomberg brand and help drive business growth. We develop editorial plans and define the delivery channels for business partners based on the most interesting and important information we can provide to the industry.
You are a social media specialist with a proven track record of developing and implementing social media programs that drive real business results. You have a deep understanding of how social media integrates into comprehensive marketing strategies aimed at both attracting prospective clients, as well as engaging our existing audience. You are passionate about leveraging data and insights to optimize and evolve social strategies and constantly seek creative ways to increase the impact of our messaging in the social space.
You have knowledge of key platforms and behaviors of social users in the Asia-Pacific region, understanding how we can leverage our global channels to increase the effectiveness of our social strategies to meet our business goals and objectives with local audiences.
In this role you will manage community development for existing and emerging channels for Bloomberg. It is a must that you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. We also expect for you to perform as an individual contributor while adding strategic insights to the overall digital marketing strategy.
We will trust you to:
- Align with global social team to define and manage social strategy and execution of campaigns, maximizing the impact of our efforts to local Asia-Pacific audiences
- Integrate business-line marketing programs, public relations, event marketing into our social strategy
- Author posts on all content and social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram; and blog publishing using WordPress
- Develop and help manage the social media content calendar - including visuals and copy in the brand aesthetic and voice
- Develop and implement platform-specific strategies to meet campaign goals, as well as improve overall engagement and growth on the channel
- Design and implement paid social campaigns, managing budgets and optimizing spend
- Aggregate data from primary platform metrics and interpret data into macro dashboards
- Define key performance indicators and measure, analyze and adapt social strategies accordingly
- Analyze and provide insights of campaign results and present these to relevant stakeholders
- Monitor social media channels reviews, blog and content posts for sentiment and user interactions
- Set up A/B testing to identify best practices for content types and distribution channels
- Be the online brand evangelist and ensure engagement of the brand users 24/7
- Stay on top of emerging social channels and trends and identify opportunities for our team to leverage
- Train internal constituents (marketing, product develop, sales and other) on content marketing and social media best practices
- Work with marketing managers, designers and web developers to enhance functionality and features on web products as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Test campaign elements and interactions for continual improvements and optimization (SEO)
You’ll need to have:
- 5 to 7 years of social media engagement
- Deep knowledge and expertise of social media - owned, earned and paid
- Working knowledge or experience with APAC-specific social accounts (WeChat, Weibo, Line, etc).
- Experience working with social media aggregator tools such as Spredfast, Social Flow, Hootsuite, Percolate or Sprinkler
- Experience in monitoring consumer sentiment through tools like Radian6 and Sysomos
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Deep familiarity with digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of social, web, and email marketing
- Clear, articulate, and professional interpersonal skills regardless of channel (email/chat, phone, face to face), location (Tokyo, Mumbai, London, New York, etc.), and department (engineering, communications, sales, media)
- A strong work ethic, an insatiable appetite to learn, and the willingness to remain “on” after hours for global meetings, coverage for a teammate, and emergency support as necessary
We’d love to see:
- Financial services industry experience
- B2B experience
If this sounds like you: apply, and we'll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We are a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com