Specialist Sales - BloombergNEF (BNEF) Sales Team Lead - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 104185
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum. BNEF services fit clients' daily workflow, streamline their own research, help them to sharpen their strategies and keep them informed. BNEF's sector coverage provides financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news, and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space.
What’s the role?
BNEF is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead our Hong Kong based commercial team who manage a wide range of client portfolios across South China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. The team is responsible for originating new client relationships, while renewing and growing existing clients, and driving partnership discussions. You will identify the go-to market strategy for your region and work with the management team to set up and implement sales and marketing strategies. You’ll drive strategic innovation and cross-functional collaboration that lead to business growth and creative solutions. As a people manager, you’ll proactively develop and grow a diverse group of individuals to be successful in their careers.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive sales targets through new client development
- Manage, renew, and grow a book of client portfolios
- Establish and develop partnership discussions that lead to meaningful business growth
- Develop the go-to market strategy and execute marketing campaigns to drive BNEF brand visibility and growth in the market
- Collaborate with Bloomberg Terminal and other internal stakeholders in the territory to grow and expand existing relationships and cross-sell
- Provide constructive feedback to product and analysis teams regarding client needs
- Manage the team to maintain a consistent sales process and high productivity
- Cultivate a diverse and positive team culture and proactively retain, develop, and grow talent
- Minimum 8 years consultative selling experience with a proven record of success in achieving and exceeding sales targets
- A deep understanding in energy transition / sustainability / ESG, and prior experience in selling solutions or consultative services in these areas
- Strong communication skills with business proficiency in English and Mandarin
- A track record of building industry relationships and senior executive engagement
- Attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple tasks, and collaborate across teams
- Prior experience leading a team, with a strong motivation in developing sales careers
You'll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://about.bnef.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.