Specialist Sales - BloombergNEF Account Manager - Hong Kong
Posted Aug 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 106285
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum. BNEF services fit clients' daily workflow, streamline their own research, help them to sharpen their strategies and keep them informed. BNEF's sector coverage provides financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news, and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space.
What’s the role?
BNEF is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Hong Kong-based commercial team who manage a wide range of client portfolios across South China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. The team is responsible for originating new client relationships, while renewing and growing existing clients, and driving partnership discussions.
We'll trust you to:
- Source new business opportunities and identify leads for BNEF services across energy, automotive, technology and financial industries
- Manage, renew and up-sell a book of clients
- Assist colleagues by helping to book meetings and calls with senior decision makers
- Act as an initial point of contact for incoming sales leads
- Respond to client requests promptly and thoroughly
- Help maintain accurate customer and sales information in our internal systems
- Assist in the preparation of major commercial activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences
- Coordinate and manage the logistics of client events
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years experience in the energy sector or in sales
- Business proficiency in English and Mandarin, with strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge and/or interest in the energy or ESG sector
- Experience in providing business development support, such as in a junior sales position, or experience running marketing/events with a goal of getting new business leads
- Ability to work effectively on a close-knit and collaborative team
- Proven ability to manage several tasks at the same time, with a rigorous attention to detail
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and an ability to face challenges with a mature and professional manner
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://about.bnef.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.