Specialist Sales - Market Specialist, Equity Derivatives - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 113106
The Market Specialists team within Sales serves as the financial markets and workflow experts at Bloomberg. We’re highly skilled on asset class knowledge, have a deep understanding of client workflows as well as Bloomberg's holistic solutions.
We’re looking for an Equity Derivatives specialist based in Hong Kong who will collaborate closely with Sales and Product teams to build and execute on strategies that drive revenue. On any given day you might be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sales opportunities, providing critical feedback to help craft the development of our future product, or bringing key stakeholders together to execute on high impact opportunities.
We’ll trust you to focus on:
- Utilising your Equity Derivatives knowledge and market expertise to impact our Terminal, Enterprise Product, and Data revenue
- Engaging with clients to proactively identify workflow gaps and articulate our solutions to translate them into business opportunities
- Nurturing and developing personal contacts across the industry in North Asia and collaborating with internal resources
- Developing new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact for the region
- Communicating your product and asset class strategy to Enterprise Sales
- Actively contributing to new projects that progress departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Representing Bloomberg in various training, campaigns, publications, and speaking events
- Being a connector and deepening key relationships between Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Product and Software Engineering to implement solutions
- Influencing the direction of our product by combining intel gathered from relationships with external key decision makers, a deep comprehension of the competitive landscape, and being in tune with industry trends
- Being responsible for product development that will provide enhanced solutions to our clients and facilitate feedback from clients and collaborate with product to establish product road maps
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years experience covering Equity Derivatives in a sales, trading, analyst or portfolio management capacity
- Knowledge of buy-side and/or sell-side client workflows with an ability to analyse these workflows to achieve an optimal target operating model
- Commitment to collaborating, to deliver results both within the department and across company-wide initiatives
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences
- Deep understanding and experience that will facilitate the ability to identify, develop and implement sales opportunities within the company and to build strong external networks
- Commercial acumen to identify, develop and execute sales opportunities within the company and to build strong external networks
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.