Studio Technical Operator (1 year Contract)
Posted Jun 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 75574
Bloomberg TV delivers business news, insights and analysis to more than 360 million homes worldwide - 24/7. We are now looking for a talented professional to join our studio in Hong Kong as a multi-skilled technical operator. You will be part of the team responsible for the smooth running of the studio floor, Prompter operating and robotic camera operations during live shows, pre-taped production and rehearsals.
We'll Trust You To:
- Set up and check the studio set and the control room for live broadcasting.
- Handle live studio logistics including, moving cameras, and moving parts of the set.
- Check and put microphones on talent and guests.
- Move talent and guests onto and off set.
- Relay instructions effectively from the control room to the studio floor using a talkback system.
- Be responsible for correct lighting cues.
- Operate the Robotic cameras safely, taking cues from the Director.
- Prompting live shows working closely with the Producer.
- Keep the Director and Producer informed of action off-camera.
- Implement and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Liaise with other Bloomberg offices and affiliates to organise and allocate studio resources for live and pre-taped shoots outside of regular programming.
You'll Need to Have:
- Experience working in a TV studio
- Excellent track record of strong visual creativity
- Ability to react and adapt quickly and decisively in a fast changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior news editors, producers, directors, managers and clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fully fluent in English is a requirement whilst Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be a distinct advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps but in the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/live/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.