Supply Chain - Business Analyst APAC
Posted Jan 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 80586
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. In supporting our Customers and Business Partners success, Bloomberg's Supply Chain business has established a distribution network across 16 countries within the Asia Pac Region. Our Warehouse, Distribution, Logistics, Planning and Production operations efficiently connect Customers and Business Partners with the appropriate level of service to deliver success.
What's the role?
We are looking for a creative, motivated, and data driven professional to join Bloomberg’s Supply Chain team in Hong Kong. In partnership with our management and operations teams across Asia Pac, you will be responsible for creating and standardizing process and value maps, creating dashboards enabling greater data visibility on performance across the region, and work on strategic initiatives that drive for operational efficiency and enhance Supply Chain’s value proposition across the region. The various functions include: Warehouse & Distribution, Logistics, Production, and Hardware Management.
We'll trust you to:
- Create data models enabling Supply Chain to identify opportunities for improvement
- Create and present Process and value maps
- Recommend improvements to drive Operational Excellence and manage/reduce our overall operating cost models
- Understand the day to day operations varying from Warehouse & Distribution, Logistics, - - - Production, and Hardware Management
- Develop and maintain strong customer service to our external clients, our internal clients, and our stakeholders
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues across the region and globe to identify operational synergies/alignment and cross-functional opportunities
You’ll Need to be:
- Self-Motivated and autonomous while being a key player in a larger team: You love to operate independently and self-guide your path working with multi-region and multi-function environment
- Highly analytical and detail oriented: You love to analyze data and find opportunities as well as question and validate data
- Clear Communicator: You deliver clear, concise and structured communication and presentations where you understand your audience
- Excellent Collaborator: You build good relationships with key partners and colleagues across the region/globe and negotiate the scope of a project for successful outcomes; you know how to identify cross departmental opportunities
- Highly Creative and Innovative: You're able to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business. You see different approaches to a problem and anticipate future risk and challenges with potential solutions. You can challenge status quo with a curious and creative mindset and visionary ideas
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 1-3 years Supply Chain Operation/Management experience or relevant field
- Experience in maintaining relationships with multiple cross functional teams
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience in data visualization tool and database
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you believe you are a good match, and we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.