Team Leader - APAC Localization, Hong Kong
Posted Jan 24, 2024 - Requisition No. 122794
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Localization Team is responsible for providing translations from English to 11 target languages. We work with partners in Marketing, Sales, Engineering, News, Bloomberg Intelligence and Data. We not only deliver localized content to our partners, but we also assist them in building workflows that make the management of language assets more efficient. We deliver content on the terminal as well as the website, PDF documents and multi-media formats including subtitling and voice-over for video content.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven team leader to cover the translation, collaboration and data processes that cater to our Asian Language speaking clients - Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean or Japanese. You will be directly responsible for leading, motivating, and developing a team with strong subject matter expertise, technical skills and strategic development. You will also be working with our business partners across Bloomberg to develop new opportunities for collaboration.
We’ll trust you to:
- Attract, mentor, develop and retain a team of data analysts and data management professionals who are experts in their field, through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, data management, and project management
- Mobilize the team to design and implement proactive data quality management supported by client-focused metrics and process observability (i.e. business intelligence)
- Develop data modeling and ETL skills within the team and collaborate with Engineering teams to develop a robust data product that can deliver value across multiple client-facing products
- Ensure consistency and quality while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Identify and implement improvements to workflow and operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with Sales and Engineering staff to support the development of our Localization product
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean or Japanese as well as English
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant leadership experience or strong relevant experience as an individual contributor
- Strong demonstrated experience in content localization
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis using tools such as Python, SQL, and/or Qlik Sense
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and capable of balancing multiple projects and driving them to completion
- Ability to deliver clear and concise documentation that supports business requirements, use cases, and process improvement flow charts
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.