Technical Account Manager, Over-The-Counter (OTC) Broker Pricing, Hong Kong
Posted Oct 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 110355
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content & Acquisition Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring, and integrating content and data from exchanges, brokers, sell-side, buy-side, and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream enterprise products. Our Client Service team is responsible for acquiring and managing content which is then made available to our client base. For clients, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access this content in one place makes their workflow more efficient and helps them make more informed decisions. For the content providers, being able to deliver their content in a place where their clients actively operate, ensures greater market presence and returns on their distribution effort.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to build their career in the financial markets to join our team in Singapore. You will be proactively working with content providers including exchanges, brokers, sell-side, buy-side, government agencies daily to ensure our OTC pricing content is delivered in an accurate, timely, and effective manner.
You will also support new and existing content providers to the Bloomberg terminal from an operational perspective. In order to do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals, challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with the OTC pricing content providers by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges in order to offer outstanding services
- Work closely with a global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs or trends to set company strategy around OTC pricing data acquisition and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it
- Optimise data ingestion workflows by understanding the data infrastructure internally and externally to improve data quality, helping the clients to maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Become a true subject matter expert in OTC pricing data by utilising business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition and data content improvements
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in sell-side banks or central banks / managing or supporting tier-1 financial sell-side or central bank accounts
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, SQL and VBA
- Demonstrated experience of at least one of the asset classes e.g. Equities or Derivatives or Fixed Income etc.
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate clients’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing C level executives in order to develop long-lasting business relationships and design effective data acquisition strategies
- Shown ability to collaborate with global team of account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers, product managers and engineering to improve the quality of data products
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.