Technical Account Manager, Over-The-Counter (OTC) Pricing, Content Acquisition - Chinese Speaker, Hong Kong
Posted Jan 4, 2024 - Requisition No. 122396
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Bloomberg's Data Business, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition team (CA) is an integral part of the Data department. We are responsible for managing, acquiring, and integrating content and data from exchanges, brokers, sell-side, buy-side, and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream enterprise products. We lead the governance, cost and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
Our Technical Account Manager (Client Service) team is responsible for acquiring and managing content which is then made available to our client base. For clients, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access this content in one place makes their workflow more efficient and helps them make more informed decisions. For the content providers, being able to deliver their content in a place where their clients actively operate, ensures greater market presence and returns on their distribution effort.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual join our team as a Technical Account Manager in Hong Kong. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content partners; you will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our partners including exchanges, brokers, sell-side, buy-side, government agencies daily to ensure our OTC pricing content is delivered in an accurate, timely, and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals, challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with the OTC pricing content providers by having a deep understanding of the technology they use, their data goals and challenges in order to offer outstanding services
- Work closely with a global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs or trends to set company strategy around OTC pricing data acquisition and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it
- Optimise data ingestion workflows by understanding the data infrastructure internally and externally to improve data quality, helping clients to maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Become a true subject matter expert in OTC pricing data by leveraging business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition and data content improvements
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers, financial technology or financial institutions
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple client queries and projects simultaneously
- Confidence to lead strategic technical and business relationships
- Ability to collaborate with global team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers, product managers and engineering teams to improve the quality of data products
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and proactiveness to drive for progress while managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Drive and passion to develop your own ideas and strategies for your accounts
- A proactive demeanor with confidence to challenge status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Keen interest and understanding of financial markets
- Business proficiency or above in Chinese
- Advanced written and verbal English communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience in using business intelligence to identify gaps and trends, or opportunities for product enhancements
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate our clients’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.