Technical Data Analyst (Korean Speaker) - Hong Kong
Posted Mar 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 73952
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. We collect, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal—the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes— and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Global Data team is looking for a technical expert to join our team of Data Analysts in the Hong Kong office. You should have well-practised Python skills, an interest in financial markets and a proven ability to implement workflow efficiencies and enhance processes.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using Bloomberg’s internal systems and proprietary company software
- Develop sustainable technological solutions to improve our existing data analysis and database management processes
- Use your technical skills (particularly Python) to design and implement workflow automations and automated data insights
- Constantly be looking for ways to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Deliver on technical projects which require you to collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe – adhering to tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities
- Partner with other Bloomberg departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering to help identify and develop business solutions for our clients
- Take the lead in driving projects forward, while acting as a strong representative for perspectives of your team and market
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive training program giving you a fundamental overview of financial concepts, our usage of technology in Global Data, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal
- Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of the Equities market, with opportunities to produce data-driven insights for the financial community
- Gain exposure to and interact with key market players in the financial industry
- Rich learning resources, events and activities for professional growth and skills development
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years full-time work experience - ideally working with financial data
- Business level proficiency in Korean and English
- Advance Python skills with experience of applying these in a business environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Ability to identify patterns and trends from data, and to find connections between key pieces of information
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Strong passion and drive to challenge the status quo
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- Capacity and desire to learn new concepts and skills, take on challenges and respond positively to change
- Availability to start working with us as soon as possible
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com