Technical Project Manager - Content Acquisition and Business Management (CABM), Hong Kong
Posted Feb 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 114342
You're on the pulse with market movements and you live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to establish relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive with building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems.
Bloomberg's Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our APAC team. For this role, we are looking for an outstanding professional who has a mixture of strong analytical, project management, and technology skills and an ability to bring an entrepreneurial vision to our Exchanges team. The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is constantly looking to improve our technical capabilities to effectively run our market leading exchange content.
Market Data Project Managers are responsible for formulating and delivering end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers, and can collaborate with internal and external partners to implement enterprise wide initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a multifaceted and constantly evolving, technical environment.
We'll trust you to:
Demonstrate your experience in the financial industry and understanding of market data and technology to develop strategies to influence and advise the strategic direction of Bloomberg's exchange infrastructure. You'll not only excel in leading day-to-day projects but you'll also keep an eye on the big picture and upend existing systems and processes if needed. You'll periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to acquire and handle exchange content.
How you will make an impact:
- Champion projects sought to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to handle exchange services
- Build and handle the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Utilise your strong analytic abilities to devise innovative market data technology solutions to influence the strategic direction of Bloomberg's infrastructure
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Form relationships with internal and external partners to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively lead changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to partners in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Build a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of market data experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience handling/managing financial technology projects, such as network architecture and low latency parsers projects
- Demonstrated experience with one or more web development languages, such as Ruby or Python
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, lead cross-organisational teams, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers to deliver on daring schedules
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Strong research and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Bloomberg data products and how they translate into the needs of our customers
- Interest in programming
- ETL experience
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies
- Innovative mind-set
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.