Test Engineer - Core Terminal Software
Posted Jul 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 68270
Bloomberg’s Software Infrastructure Application Frameworks group is known to the rest of the Engineering community for building libraries, development environments and services used by most Terminal application developers. And as important as that is, there is even more to this organization. We are also responsible for delivering software installed on clients’ desktops and for the tools used to deploy and automate portions of the build process. We create the core Terminal software that runs on all client PCs, and facilitates connection and access to the vast array of Bloomberg applications available within our environment. Part of this software includes the client run-time to render all of our terminal applications.
In addition, we also own the IDEs and tools used to develop, profile, debug, and release applications, along with real-time deployment, distribution, and monitoring infrastructure for the platform. We maintain the tools and infrastructure performance through heavily investing in optimization, metrics, and monitoring of all layers of the platform, as well as continuous integration and regression testing aimed at catching performance degradation before they enter release.
This is where you come in.
As a Test Engineer, we'll trust you to:
- Test, troubleshoot and triage issues that are reported for both internal and external clients
- Help in software roll out and release monitoring, globally
- Provide L1 support for App Frameworks systems and software as well as software running on client desktops
- Develop and maintain efficient test cases that cover all functional requirements
- Identify opportunities to automate testing using a variety of tools and techniques
- Facilitate communication during major outages and provide ongoing status updates to stakeholders
- Help prioritize and run the issues backlog
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues
You’ll Need To Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, information systems, Math or a related technology field or relevant work experience
- Experience in Windows desktop and cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- Strong project management for executing customer driven short term projects and implementation requests
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Excellent communication skills and effective prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of software Testing methodologies and processes
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
You'll excel in this role if you're:
- A proven problem solver
- An excellent communicator and a team player
- Self-starter who requires minimal hand-holding to solve problems
- Able to remain calm under pressure, multi-task, be a team-player, be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment