The Asia-Pacific Bloomberg L.P. Trade Compliance team is part of the Global Trade Compliance and Logistics team and is responsible for Bloomberg’s compliance with applicable international trade laws and regulations in those countries in which we conduct business operations. The Asia-Pacific team has a very broad coverage mandate and is organised to provide support to all the business areas in Bloomberg and work with external organisations, such as, but not limited to: Hong Kong Customs, the Hong Kong Trade and Industry Department, Singapore Customs, China Customs, Customs Agents/Brokers, Carriers, and other local and international governmental and quasi-governmental agencies.
This is a fully integrated global team which utilises the diverse skills and experience of all members of the team to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
The international trade laws/regulations are constantly changing and create a fast paced and exciting opportunity to work in this environment.
You’re one of those people who have a passion for global trade and enjoy challenges and want to be in the forefront of this exciting area. You are naturally inquisitive and show good judgement with the ability to multi-task effectively. You form original opinions and have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Teamwork is important to you and you are excited by the prospect of building relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What’s in it for you
You will assume operational responsibility for Trade Compliance oversight of the Asia-Pacific region as well as being involved in various local and global initiatives. The role is based in our Hong Kong Champion Tower office. This is a great opportunity to join a first-class Trade Compliance function at a premier firm.
We’ll trust you to
- Work as part of the Asia-Pacific Trade Compliance team and as a key player in our Global Trade Compliance and Logistics team.
- Take responsibility for classification of import/ export goods consistent with the Harmonised Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Export Control Numbers (ECN) within the Asia-Pacific region and/or classification in other import/export/reexport regimes.
- Assist with Customs and other government agency requirements for the countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Undertake research, preparation and submission of any import/export/reexport licenses consistent with company obligations.
- Work with both internal business units and external vendors to ensure all compliance information is maintained, including but not limited to: classification assignments; hazardous material information; RoHS, WEEE, REACH, and other governmental obligations.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for both internal (Bloomberg) and external (brokers/agents/freight forwarders) operators.
- Review and enter compliance data into SAP/GTS and the Bloomberg system.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and manage regulatory relationships as appropriate.
- Keep abreast international trade regulatory changes and challenges.
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the business.
- Prepare and conduct continuing education.
- Prepare reports for internal management.
- Perform audits of import and export transactions within the Asia-Pacific region.
- Maintenance of import/export records for Asia-Pacific transactions.
- Ensure that the Trade Compliance process is sufficient and is carried out as required.
You need to be able to
- Adapt to new systems and technology with ease.
- Work well under pressure; manage a number of different tasks at the same time, often meeting challenging deadlines.
- Review and interpret international trade laws and regulations.
You need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical qualification and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of International trade compliance requirements.
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Programs (particularly Excel and Access).
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and have demonstrated ability to see a process through from start to finish.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, along with the ability to function both as an individual contributor and a team player.
We’d love to see
- Knowledge of SAP systems, including SAP GTS
- Working knowledge of Chinese import/export regulations.
- Familiarity with United States export/reexport based compliance regulations.
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation.
- Fluency in an additional language, particularly Mandarin (verbal and/or written).
If that sounds like you
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.