Valuations Researcher (6 Month Contract)
Posted Jul 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 92298
Bloomberg News is seeking a contractor for a six-month assignment working on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world's richest people. The successful candidate will be responsible for calculating and updating the profiles and net worth of billionaires globally that appear on the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg.com.
You'll be an excel whiz, fluent with numbers and comfortable with regulatory filings and valuation concepts that help Bloomberg's Wealth team track the fortunes of the ultra-rich. It's important that you possess Chinese language skills and desirable that you understand valuation concepts across Asian jurisdictions.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in finance or a related industry and detailed experience with Microsoft Excel are expected.
Due to the short duration of the assignment, work authorization is required.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain profiles on the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg.com
- Calculate the net worth of billionaires using proprietary tools and methodologies
- Assist in valuations for newly discovered billionaires
- Contribute reporting for special packages on wealth
You will need to have:
- Experience with using excel to a high level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Previous journalism experience is desirable.
- Language skills, including Mandarin, are essential.
- Familiarity with valuing public and private companies is desirable
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.