Workflow Specialist – FX & Rates, Hong Kong
Posted Nov 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 79547
The Workflow Specialist team within Enterprise Sales serves as the market and workflow experts at Bloomberg. We’re highly skilled on asset class knowledge, have a deep understanding of buy-side and sell-side workflows as well as Bloomberg's product offerings. On any given day you might be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, providing critical feedback to help craft the development of our future Product, or else bringing key stakeholders together to execute on high impact opportunities.
Comprised of a diverse team of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of Workflow Specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it also plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our salesforce, is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams as well as highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
What’s the role?
We’ll trust you to concentrate on the below 3 core focus areas;
Sales & Revenue:
- Focus on utilising your product, market and workflow expertise to impact our revenue across Terminal and Enterprise Solutions
- Direct client engagement to act as an advisor around the challenges they face, identifying their needs and articulate our solutions to translate them into business opportunities for Enterprise Sales
- Develop and Implement new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact for the region
Product & Market:
- Understand our suite of products and solutions, our product pipeline, and how these align with our customers current and future needs
- Build and maintain relationships with external key decision makers and senior financial professionals, coupled with a deep comprehension of the competitive landscape, market and industry trends, to understand how all this impacts both our products and client usage and influence the direction of our Products
- Identify both tactical and strategic high impact projects and bring external needs and internal resources together, building a roadmap that aligns with Product, Sales, and Organisational goals
- Communicate your Product and Asset class strategy to Enterprise Sales
- Be a common thread between the Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Product and Software Engineering departments to implement and execute value-added solutions
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Be the face of Bloomberg by being involved in training, running campaigns, writing publications, and speaking at events
You'll need to have:
- Business proficiency in English and Mandarin
- Extensive experience in FX and Rates ideally gained from working in a trading or sales role
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, or a similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- Extensive and strong relationships within your market
- The business insight required to use your knowledge and experience to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A collaborative and commercial mindset that enables you to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure
- Willingness to travel
We'd love to see:
- Regulatory knowledge impacting the derivatives markets
- Experience working in both developed and emerging markets
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.