Workplace Experience Manager - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 121030
Who we are:
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Here at Bloomberg, our employees' experience is a top priority. We’re known for providing outstanding customer service, and an experience that's consistent with our brand - outstanding and magnificent. Our team is central in this effort by providing platinum support to 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. Bloomberg's Hospitality group is looking for an individual to join our team. We warmly welcome our employees, guests and visitors as well as improve their internal experience across the 25+ Bloomberg locations within the Asia-Pacific region. We are a critical component of our robust customer engagement philosophy and are particularly important given the agile design of our building. It is our responsibility to ensure the entire experience is consistently handled with outstanding service.
What's the role?
As an APAC Workplace Experience Manager, you will be responsible for our guest and employee experience strategy and all touch points from pre-visit communications, first experience when entering the building, the pantry operations, and any events support. You will lead a regional scrum team of individuals who own the day to day operations of Front of House, Guest Experience, Employee Experience, Pantry Operations and Events support, to name only a few. This scrum team will ensure our processes and technologies create a consistent and memorable experience across all offices.
As part of your role you will also have oversight of all operations within the building that pertain to the guest experience. This includes budget oversight, vendor management, KPI's, SLAs, ad hoc projects, events support and its impact on day to day operations. You will need to be there and ready to answer questions, collaborate with multiple partners - internal and external, as well as utilize project management skills to facilitate Hospitality initiatives across the region. Every single day will be different - so it's important you're diligent and come in with an open mindset, ready to handle any challenge thrown your way.
Working with the Global Chief Product Owner of Hospitality, you will assist with implementing the strategy and leading all aspects of the delivery of initiatives across the hospitality function. You will bring your creative thinking, knowledge of industry practices, and innovation to drive enhanced solutions across Hospitality. Your outstanding interpersonal skills will play a critical to partner successfully with senior executives to design and deliver solutions and continuously improve the function. And finally, you'll use your ability to govern sophisticated projects and drive outcomes through enterprise-wide engagement with internal functions and teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and execute the vision and strategy for key hospitality objectives for the region in alignment with our global priorities
- Be a big-picture leader across vendor partners, in-house workplace teams as well as other support businesses within the firm
- Drive experimentation and a creative thought process to influence global Hospitality and Event Operations strategy
- Manage and represent global and regional stakeholders, understand and advocate for their needs
- Leverage scrum methodology to a develop strategy and backlog scope with the CPO through a global roadmap with quarterly and monthly incremental plans against metrics to drive strategy and monitor results.
- Curate a healthy backlog for the scrum team with clear acceptance criteria and guide the team to accomplish sprint objectives
- Act as the primary contact for queries from internal teams, customers, and vendors
- Engage users to promote products, create branding and to drive on-site engagement
- Use a data-driven approach to supervise results, tackle problems directly and promote solutions and use facts, data and evidence-based feedback to evaluate priorities and communicate iterations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships between other hospitality groups (security, events, catering, etc.), Bloomberg businesses as well as our partner vendors to execute large events, visits and tours that take place across the region
- Partner with CPO on Hospitality priorities and align to strategic objectives. Assist with the delivery of sophisticated solutions across hospitality processes within an agile framework
- Collaborate with global counterparts and work to further solidify and implement global quality standards
- Lead APAC Hospitality initiatives through cultivating an active network of relationships, cross-team collaboration, effective dependency, risk management and leadership engagement
- Have oversight on all events, catering, other group activities, as well as VIP/guest arrivals daily across the region
You need to have:
- 10-15 years of recent professional experience in F&B, hospitality, or workplace experience management
- Experience in leading regional projects in hospitality operations, customer engagement and vendor management
- Ability to manage a team with strong people leadership skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a scrum team with the discipline of the scrum framework in partnership with various team leaders across the region
- Experience in implementing new processes and lead organizational change initiatives, through the delivery of workplace experience related programs, i.e. guest experience, pantry & catering operations and event execution etc.
- Demonstrated ability to interact cross-functionally with all levels of executive management
- Demonstrated experience in an environment with high customer service standards
- Demonstrate outstanding organizational skills
- Strong executive presence, confidence, poise, perseverance, and ability to develop relationships with a variety of partners
- Consistent track record of building presentations and using data to tell a story
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrate an “all hands-on deck” mentality
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies, and ability to develop, influence and maintain solid stakeholder relationships
- Budget and forecast management experience
- Ability to capture and incorporate hospitality industry trends and latest technology into best-fit models for Bloomberg
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, driven by a sense of urgency and an adaptability to changing business needs. Proactive, result-driven and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Incredible project management skills
- True passion for innovation and support for outstanding client experiences through delivery of the highest Hospitality standards
- Experience with agile scrum working methodology
We'd Love to See:
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match. We'll get in contact with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work.
We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for