Bloomberg Intelligence Energy Analyst, Specializing in Litigation and Policy Impacts
Posted Dec 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 122276
Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth equity, fixed income, legal and policy research on large and midsize companies to help investors and industry professionals effectively evaluate those companies and the broader markets. We also produce extensive regional and global equity and fixed-income strategy research.
Our research combines written analysis with interactive charting and analytics created from company-reported data as well as industry and government data. Our work gives trading, investment and industry professionals and other Bloomberg Terminal clients deep insight into where crucial sectors or regions stand and where they may be heading.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Cover select equities within the Energy Sector, with an eye toward specializing in litigation and policy effects that impact the sector and related companies.
- Identify, prioritize, research, and track key litigation and policies that have the potential to affect business and markets over issues relating to the Energy sector.
- Build and maintain litigation and policy research decks.
- Facilitate research and analysis between all relevant Bloomberg analysts, including others at Bloomberg Intelligence covering the Energy sector.
- Engage in primary research on ongoing litigation and policy issues in the Energy sector.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends in the Energy sector.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at companies in the Energy sector.
- Write research on a regular basis and communicate it to relevant Bloomberg counterparts as well as terminal clients.
- Create and manage partnerships with key external market professionals, including clients and prospects, to identify additional commercial opportunities. YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills, including financial modeling skills.
- 3-5+ years progressively responsible equity research and/or litigation experience.
- A self-starter attitude, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- A willingness to travel to regional offices as needed.
- A Juris Doctor degree or joint JD/MBA degree.
- Policy research experience and/or buy-or-sell side equity research experience and/or law firm/in-house legal experience, specializing in Energy.
- Experience interpreting financial statements & performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, & procedures of finance & accounting.
- Marketing or business development experience.
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal a plus.
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus