Fuel Markets Reporter
Posted Oct 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 96410
Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced reporter to cover U.S. oil products markets from its Houston bureau. From cyberattacks against America's most important fuel systems to the plunge and ensuing comeback of fuel demand amid the pandemic, you will be responsible for one of the most critical beats in the energy world today. You'll play a key role in Bloomberg's global oil coverage, tracking the supply and demand of gasoline, diesel and other key fuels in the world's biggest energy consumer. The successful candidate will cover markets daily for our core terminal clients, who rely on Bloomberg News for timely news on what's driving products prices. You will also be able to explain the significance of the market intel you gather to a broad, diverse audience in compelling and engaging prose.
We'll trust you to:
- Report and write daily market commentary
- Build broad networks of contacts in the oil industry
- Collaborate with colleagues around the world
- Spot and explain broad market trends
You'll need to have:
- A deep knowledge of oil products markets
- A talent for developing and maintaining strong relationships with sources
- Experience in financial journalism or market analysis
- An ability to explain complex markets in plain English
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.