Posted Jan 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 113639
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg is seeking an enterprising and highly motivated reporter to cover liquefied natural gas in the Americas.
We're looking for someone who understands this vitally important and fast-growing industry and who can break the biggest stories about market moves and industry developments. The successful candidate will be comfortable interviewing senior executives, gas traders and sources in the shipping world. You will be able to understand the complexities of the production and trading of LNG, but also be capable of stepping back to write clearly and accessibly to a wide audience.
It's vital that the person in this role works closely with colleagues based in other regions. You will also be expected to enthusiastically support bureau and group reporting efforts.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Recognize the increasing significance of LNG in global energy markets
- Develop a strong network of sources to break news on the LNG market and the biggest companies that operate in it
- Craft coverage for both expert Bloomberg clients and a broader readership
- Explore the impact of climate change on farmers and the role of biofuels in energy
- Find out who is being hired and fired at commodities trading houses
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- The ability to build a strong network of sources
- Experience of reporting news in a real-time, breaking news environment
- Experience covering LNG is preferred but not essential
- Ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.