South Africa Equity Markets Reporter - Johannesburg
Posted Jan 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 73016
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, leading the way in delivering scoops about mergers and acquisitions. Our global equities team covers the regional equity markets, as well as breaks news on individual equities and market events.
We're seeking a reporter to cover equities in South Africa.
Someone who is tenacious and passionate about developing sources and breaking news, while also demonstrating a knack for telling compelling stories that will interest Bloomberg's global audience.
You will be based in Johannesburg and follow the stock exchange in Africa's most-industrialized economy, as well as working with reporters and editors in other countries in sub-Saharan Africa to cover regional market trends and news.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of what drives the market and how that fits in within the broader picture.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories
- Produce timely and clearly written stock movers that explain to our clients why shares are on the move and include smart input from traders or investors
- Write sector wraps of a particular industry
- Produce interviews with investors and executives that keep our clients glued to the Terminal and identify industry / economic trends
- Develop a broad array of sources
- Be a team player
- Write for a range of platforms
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Journalism experience, preferably in a real-time news environment, or work experience in equity markets
- An ability to cultivate sources and work across teams and platforms
- Solid news judgment
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.