Reporter - Kuala Lumpur
Posted Jul 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 76322
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use.
We are seeking a reporter to cover Malaysia's corporate beat, straddling finance, investing and global business stories in its News team in Kuala Lumpur. We are seeking someone who has a keen news sense, good reporting skills, excellent writing ability, and who can pay attention to the details while seeing the big picture. You will be breaking news and writing features on a range of stories in Asia-Pacific that are relevant to financial markets and investors.
You will need an eye for a good story, a can-do and collaborative attitude, and be able to work well under tight deadlines. You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it's breaking news for a professional audience, a blog post or being interviewed on TV.
We'll trust you to:
- Be the main reporter for corporate and business coverage in Malaysia
- Cover briefings and announcements from companies and regulators
- Develop sources in the corporate sector and among regulators to produce exclusive stories that will affect investors in Malaysia
- Produce stand-back features to highlight the biggest shifts happening in Malaysian business
- Work together with data-driven news and breaking news teams to take responsibility of company releases
- Work as a key member of the Kuala Lumpur bureau, including doing bureau shifts
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world
- Communicate well
- Be organized and vigilant in planning coverage needs on your beat
- Be ready to jump on any story or assignment, big or small, as needed
- Be comfortable with using technology and new tools
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in reporting
- Knowledge of how financial markets, the economy and corporations function
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Ability to work with data, comfort with numbers
- Proven flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing job requirements
We'd love to see:
- Experience of working on data journalism
- Additional language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.