Nigeria Bureau Chief - Lagos/ Abuja
Posted Sep 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 70162
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay ahead of the markets.
We are looking for a bureau chief in Lagos or Abuja to oversee our coverage in Nigeria. You will thrive in a real-time news environment and put us ahead of the competition on the biggest stories in politics, energy, economy, business and finance across Nigeria. You will act as the ambassador for Bloomberg News in markets in Nigeria and coordinate across teams and platforms to make our coverage the most influential.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate exceptional news judgement
- Write and edit clear and comprehensive stories
- Regularly break news and produce high-quality enterprise pieces
- Work effectively across multiple teams, platforms and stakeholders
- Manage the bureau and the contract workers we use across the region
- Attract top newsmakers and build on the positive reputation of the bureau both externally and internally
You will need to have:
- Experience working in business journalism and in a real-time news environment
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to direct coverage
- An ability to maintain and develop top-level sources
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. Please submit all resumes in English.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.