2018 Software Engineer - Graduate Programme
Posted Jun 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 67591
Bloomberg's diverse community of engineers take on some of the world’s most interesting and important technical challenges. We develop impactful solutions to complex, real-world problems. With new systems being rolled out daily, we make an immediate impact on global markets and we look for the best software engineers to build them.
What’s in it for you?
Our training program will educate you on the ins and outs of our technology stack. You'll learn how to be a successful software engineer in our high-energy and fast-paced environment, and become a pro on the Bloomberg Terminal. We'll also teach you about how we do database systems, network communication, real-time data processing, and build UIs.
After training, you will be ready to hit the ground running, leaving the training class with a strong network of new friends and colleagues from a range of backgrounds. You'll join a global team of engineers with a real passion for both innovating and solving problems. With many teams continuing to adopt an Agile approach to their work, you will work collaboratively and effectively on small teams, developing software that impacts thousands of power users around the world.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle
- Partner with clients and other developers to design, build and roll out solutions that will optimize complex workflows
- Understand and efficiently manipulate large datasets
- Make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Be a collaborative member of your team
- Have a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Be an excellent problem solver
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology subject
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, Java or Python
We are deeply proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. If you have a degree outside of the above, but still have strong software development skills, then we can teach you the rest.
If this sounds like you?
If this sounds like you, please apply below! We'll review your application and be in touch as soon as possible to discuss next steps.
We want people who see things differently, find solutions and collaborate instinctively. Race, religion, sex, nationality, and other labels have nothing to do with it.
If you have a disability and you need help with our application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.