2019 Analytics Advanced Specialist - Quant Team
Posted Oct 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 71134
You have an understanding of the drivers behind market moving stories and events. You know the theory as well as the application. You're a solution-finder, with a real passion for technology in a fast-paced environment. With a desire to build a career in a client-facing role, you understand the importance of credibility and building relationships.
The Department - Analytics
We provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximise the value of Bloomberg.
We’re a calm voice in a busy, volatile market. Our clients rely on us to support them in making better, faster decisions using the power of Bloomberg Professional Services. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively reaching out to upskill clients through technology, on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Enterprise Sales to deliver on strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
The Team – Quant Analytics
It’s rare to find a role that gives you such early exposure to global financial market participants. Working in the Quant Analytics team gives you an excellent opportunity to:
- Join our team in the London EMEA headquarters, where you are depended upon to provide fast and accurate solutions to incoming client queries.
- A real opportunity to apply your finance and derivatives knowledge, whilst having the opportunity to continue learning.
- Provide top-level support for Bloomberg’s Quant clients, whilst working alongside Sales, App Specs, Product and Engineering to close high-revenue deals.
- Use your coding skills to solve problems.
- Teach and train Bloomberg’s Quant clients on the latest advances in the markets and technology.
You need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) in a quantitative subject.
- Minimum 2-year experience in a technical, client facing role.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Business acumen and a knack for spotting revenue opportunities.
- Advanced coding skills in Python or R, coupled with a basic understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry.
- The resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
We’d love to see:
- Business fluency in English plus another European language.
- Prior front-office market experience in any asset class.
- Prior use of BLAN and BQL.
- Experience with Machine Learning in the context of finance.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to check out one of the projects we worked on last year: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/announcements/bbva-bloomberg-join-forces-offer-structured-product-prices-real-time/
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org