2019 Equity Research Data Analyst Internship
Posted Nov 8, 2018 - Requisition No. 71875
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with real time information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As an Equity Research Data Intern you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of financial and industry-specific data across various sectors. You will work with both experienced Global Data and Bloomberg Intelligence Analysts to learn the ins and outs of investment research while ensuring that we have the best in class content in the market. You will gain insight into company performance and how it is shaped by the competitive industry landscape.
You can expect to:
- Leverage advanced data analysis activities to effectively manage high quality coverage for portfolio of companies
- Produce research and analysis on a specific company within your sector and present to the Global Data and Bloomberg Intelligence teams
- Gain exposure and experience on fundamental analysis, modeling and security analysis by working on assigned research projects throughout the internship programme
- Create and maintain company financial models leveraging Bloomberg proprietary applications
- Facilitate communication across teams and products to assure data alignment
You’ll need to be:
- Working towards a degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with a finance concentration
- Available to commit to the entire intern programme
- Available to start a full-time position in 2019 or 2020 after successful completion of the internship
We’re also looking for:
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or interest that shows your knowledge in the financial markets and equity research
- Knowledge of accounting principles, interpreting financial statements, and exposure to quantitative financial analysis
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, VBA a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Demonstrated interest or experience using one or more programming language
We’d love to see:
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org