2023 Bloomberg Apprenticeship: (Communications and Government Relations) - Level 5
Posted Feb 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 114259
Programme Duration: 15-18 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex world and be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to gain a qualification as a Journalist while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We will trust you to build your knowledge of government, policy and regulatory issues. You will work closely with Communications, Marketing, and the wider business to organize and execute key initiatives designed to engage senior policy makers, politicians and business leaders. You will also work closely with the Global Head of Government Relations to support their activity with the Government.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
Introducing the Communications and Government Relations team
As part of Bloomberg’s External Relations department, our team is responsible for leading engagement with Government and Regulatory authorities and building relationships with senior stakeholders within the global financial community.
Our team builds and maintains a wide and deep network of partners through the organisation of high-level summits and roundtables with key decision makers and by constructively feeding into the policymaking process.
We also coordinate closely with the other key divisions of External Relations, Bloomberg Philanthropies as well as Legal and Compliance.
In this role you will be:
- Driving communications, events, and public affairs efforts to build Bloomberg's reputation among political and regulatory stakeholders
- Supporting the design and delivery of Bloomberg’s strategic political stakeholder engagement plans
- Conducting research into on relevant legislation affecting key parts of our business
- Coordinating and writing briefs, speeches, letters, questions, and thought leadership pieces for Bloomberg representatives ahead of meetings with key policymakers
- Collaborating with our Marketing department to create key content pieces that showcase our activity including booklets, online presentations and videos
- Identifying new speaking opportunities for Bloomberg representatives
- Creating content and managing the social media of the Global Head of Government Relations
- Building and maintaining a solid internal and external network to ensure an awareness of relevant political developments, identify new opportunities and develop content
- Scanning for new and emerging opportunities to engage with key political audiences, provide insights, and offers of help
- Maintaining relationships within your areas and functions to ensure comprehensive coverage of reputational and campaign issues
- Supporting the Global Head of Government Relations in the organization of key meetings with political and regulatory stakeholders, and in the day-to-day organization of the wider Government and Regulatory Affairs team
- Available to start September 2023
- 3 A levels (A* - C) or equivalent.
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to:
- Utilize your excellent written communications skills in order to draft thought-leadership pieces, speeches and briefing notes
- Have strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail in order to support the activities of the Global Head of Government Relations
- Prioritize tasks effectively and work to short- and long-term deadlines simultaneously
- Support in the organization and execution of political, regulatory and policy roundtables, and high-level conferences
- Build and maintain senior relationships across the government, business and press community
- Conduct research on key political and regulatory policy issues
- Be highly collaborative and work closely with internal stakeholders to achieve synergies on stakeholder engagement and Bloomberg priorities
- Have a passion for current affairs, news and the work of Bloomberg and Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Work calmly under pressure
- Be innovative, creative, and bring new ideas and opportunities to the team that will increase client and government engagement
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com. ***