2023 Bloomberg Apprenticeship: Business Administration - Level 3 (Bloomberg Customer Support)
Posted Dec 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 112188
Programme Duration: 13 – 15 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours. Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support Apprenticeship, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. We will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to obtain a qualification in Business Administration while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We’ll teach you the key concepts and administrative techniques required to work in a business environment. Skills such as organisation, customer service, stakeholder management and the ability to work well under pressure.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
Introducing the Bloomberg Customer Support team
As a future Bloomberg Customer Support Apprentice you have two critical focus areas: to provide exceptional customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues. You will provide login support and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work alongside our 500 strong global team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages
Specific tasks can include; providing outstanding customer service to our clients via the internal ticketing system, phone call, e-mail or live chat. Identifying, investigating, and resolving customer issues using proprietary company software. Collaborating with your team on various department and global projects, analyzing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions.
The Global Customer Support team is the perfect place to utilise any languages you speak in addition to English – particularly if you speak fluent French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Japanese.
- Available to start September 2023
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4 - 9 in any subject (Should include Maths & English)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and any of the following languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German at a business fluency level
- Have completed (or due to complete in 2023) A Levels or equivalent
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Strong customer service skills including telephone etiquette and a professional demeanour
- A demonstrated interest in Finance and Technology
- Desire to develop skills and experience in customer service in a fast-moving FinTech environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
- Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org