2023 Bloomberg Apprenticeship: Communications – Level 5
Posted Mar 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 114820
Programme Duration: 15-18 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex work? Do you want to be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. You’ll get a dedicated line manager, a buddy and a mentor. You will have access to a comprehensive training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your journey with us.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
The Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in starting a rewarding career with us. Our Apprenticeship Programme will support you in combining work and education, where you will have an opportunity to gain a Journalism qualification while also being an important and highly valued member of the team.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
We will trust you to build your knowledge of UK media and journalists, particularly political, financial and business press. You will work closely with Government Relations, Corporate Philanthropy, Marketing, and the wider business to organize and execute key initiatives designed to engage journalists, policy makers, politicians and business leaders. You will also work closely with the wider EMEA Communications team on strategic regional initiatives.
Introducing the Communications team
Bloomberg’s Communications team connects our company and insights with financial markets, investor audiences and key stakeholders all over the world. Through this role and that of the wider EMEA Communications team, you will play an important role in articulating Bloomberg’s contribution to markets, economies, and communities – through our philanthropic mission – across the region.
You will be part of a collaborative and supportive regional team who are Bloomberg’s eyes, ears, and voice in the region. In this role, you are trusted to share your insights and guidance with senior communications leaders and empowered to put that advice to work.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting in communications, events, and public relations efforts to build Bloomberg's reputation among the media and journalists in the UK and EMEA
- Working with the team on research-based briefs to identify opportunities and to help the business better understand important issues and risks
- Supporting the delivery of Bloomberg’s communications efforts - both internal and external - including creating new materials for a range of PR opportunities
- Conducting research into relevant journalists, media outlets, and topics that relate to Bloomberg's various business areas
- Support in the drafting of media alerts and pitches to promote Bloomberg News talent and content
- Supporting with the drafting of press releases, blogs, memos and other written content
- Identifying new speaking and event opportunities for Bloomberg representatives in EMEA
- Creating content that showcases unique aspects of life at Bloomberg - including our philanthropic programmes, community engagement, and other - unique Bloomberg stories
- Scanning for new and emerging opportunities to engage with key audiences, provide insights, and offer help
- Working with wider EMEA Communications team to support with successful delivery of regional projects, events, meetings, and other key moments
- Updating press contacts and lists and assisting with pitching stories and journalists to external media outlets
- Assist with press monitoring for the EMEA comms team
- Supporting the employee communications team with the drafting and distribution of internal memos
- Supporting with the drafting of employee focused news including key business wins for publishing on internal communication channels
- Available to start September 2023
- 3 A levels (A* - C) or equivalent
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to:
- Utilize your excellent written communications skills in order to draft thought-leadership pieces, speeches and briefing notes
- Have strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Prioritize tasks effectively and work to short- and long-term deadlines simultaneously
- Conduct research on key political and regulatory policy issues
- Be highly collaborative and work closely with internal stakeholders to achieve synergies on stakeholder engagement and Bloomberg priorities
- Have a passion for current affairs, news and the work of Bloomberg and Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Work calmly under pressure
- Be innovative, creative, and bring new ideas and opportunities to the team that will increase client and government engagement
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org