2023 Bloomberg Apprenticeship: Data Technician Level 3 (Financial Solutions Knowledge Group)
Posted Apr 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 115487
Programme Duration: 15-18 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex world and be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to gain a qualification in Data Analysis while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We will trust you to build your knowledge of financial markets, investment operations, various asset classes and products to support our clients with your expertise.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
Introducing the Financial Solutions Knowledge Group (FSKG) team
FSKG is responsible for building and delivering thoughtful training programs that support the execution of the Bloomberg strategy across our Financial Solutions business. The Financial Solutions business includes our Sales organisation, our Analytics support desk, Global Customer Support, as well as many other specialist support and client onboarding teams.
You’ll be responsible for advancing the team’s data-driven strategy by identifying opportunities to save time through automation and empowering the team by advancing our data literacy skills and automated reporting.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the training specialists with planning and roster management for key global training programs. This involves managing large volumes of data sets in excel
- Exploring opportunities for process improvements through greater automation and handling of data
- Validating data to ensure consistency and quality compliantly and develop techniques to check for errors and help ensure the highest levels of data quality.
- Providing suggestions on process changes to improve data quality
- Creating dashboards and tools to improve the operational efficiency of the team
- Learning about our LMS (Learning Management System) and how to extract and build on-demand reports for our team and business stakeholders
- Working with the global training program leads to improve and standardize reporting on feedback and training effectiveness
- Understanding what data sets are currently collected as a result of pre and post-training surveys and exploring opportunities to improve our data collection in order to build a data-driven strategy to enhancing training outcomes
- Using statistical analysis to create business insights on training effectiveness and impact on business KPIs
- Improving visualization of various data sets and present actionable data-driven insights. This includes assisting in the preparation of management reports and presentations
- Empowering the FSKG team to work more effectively with data
- Available to start September 2023
- ?Three A-levels (with a preference for STEM or Business subjects) with grades (or predicted grades) ABB or? a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject or ?an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 or?a BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
- A keen, demonstrable interest in the financial markets
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage your time and multiple commitments effectively
- Adaptability and resilience
- Strong technical skills including a good level of Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborate effectively with various partners to deliver on projects
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org. ***