2023 Bloomberg Apprenticeship: Digital Technology Solutions Level 6 Degree (Global Data)
Posted Dec 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 112107
Programme Duration: 48 months
Start Date: September 2023
Who are we?
At Bloomberg we work on purpose. The goal of our Apprenticeship Programme is to help you find yours.
Are you interested in the world of finance? Do you want to learn how data and technology keeps the global markets moving? Do you want to help bring clarity to a complex world and be a part of our future?
Bloomberg is a company that is constantly innovating, and as part of the Apprenticeship Programme you’ll learn as much about yourself as our business. Bloomberg will support you every step of the way. When you start, you’ll be connected with a buddy and a mentor who’ll help you navigate life at Bloomberg and support you as you pursue your new career. Regular check-ins will ensure you’re happy and on track to reach your true potential.
What is the Apprenticeship Programme?
This Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to take your first steps in changing or starting a rewarding career. During your time with us we will support you in combining work and education - you will have an opportunity to gain a degree in Digital Technology Solutions while also being an important and highly valued member of the team. We will trust you to build your knowledge of financial markets, investment operations, various asset classes and products to support our clients with your expertise.
This opportunity will provide you with an alternative route into a global organisation away from the classic university pathway. You'll have a chance to learn from our experts, develop and grow, while working within a collaborative and innovative environment. You will have access to a comprehensive internal training programme and will be provided guidance on every step of your apprenticeship journey to take your career to the next level.
Introducing the Global Data team
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As an apprentice you will immediately start contributing to this.
Your apprenticeship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal. You will start the programme within our Global Data Analytics (GDA) team where your main responsibility will be to deliver exceptional customer support to our clients by providing fast and accurate solutions to their queries, whilst developing subject matter expertise in a particular field. Furthermore, you will assist with the collecting, cleaning and presenting of key financial data, which moves markets and empowers our clients to make the right decisions on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal. Following this, you will progress into a specialist team, working with our analysts to establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionise Data, leveraging your technical and domain expertise.
- Available to start September 2023
- Three A-levels (with a preference for STEM subjects) with grades (or predicted grades) AAB or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 or a BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
We will trust you to have:
- Strong technical skills including a good level of Excel (using vlookups, pivot tables, formulae)
- A clear and demonstrable interest in technology
- Adaptability and resilience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
What’s in it for you?
- Gain invaluable work experience and hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial market
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Carry out real projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages and professional development skills all from world-class professionals
- Earn a competitive salary
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
- Gain access to excellent support networks
- Have the opportunity to complete formal training and study towards a qualification
- Become part of our Bloomberg Apprenticeship community
- Participate in Bloomberg’s philanthropic efforts, volunteering events and communities
Step 1: Online Application Form: Submit an online application form along with your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible.
Step 2: Telephone Interview: Successful candidates will be invited to schedule a 25 minute telephone conversation with a Bloomberg Recruiter. Show us you are motivated.
Step 3: Assessment Day & Team Leader Interview: Complete some interactive online tasks and exercises designed to help you demonstrate your strengths and abilities. Show us you are capable.
Step 4: Final Interview: Meet with our Managers to discuss your motivations and potential. Show us you are the best person for the apprenticeship.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org. ***