2024 South Africa Rotational Programme – Analytics & Sales - Johannesburg/London July OR August Start
Posted Jan 2, 2024 - Requisition No. 122372
NB. ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN SOUTH AFRICA.
We can look to support your move to work in the UK.
The Analytics and Sales program is a unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive understanding of our Bloomberg products and clients in the wider context of the financial markets.
Following our comprehensive training program in London, you will apply your knowledge by assisting our clients in the Analytics department. After around 18 months, you move to our sales department in Johannesburg.
Analytics – London (Initial period, around 18 months)
In our Analytics business, you will provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our Helpdesk using the 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximize the value of Bloomberg's products. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader use our functionality to discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating, and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively working closely to upskill them through technology and delivering on-site training and seminars. We also work in conjunction with Sales to deliver strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
Sales – Johannesburg
After 18-24 months, and having successfully completed your training in London, we fly you to Johannesburg, where as a true Bloomberg specialist, you’ll join our team of highly motivated, financially-astute relationship and account managers, whose role it is to lead and grow our business across South Africa.
In Sales, we are the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Consultative and entrepreneurial, we manage client relationships, whilst striving to continually grow our revenue by identifying new business opportunities. We spend our time with our clients, understanding their business goals and outpacing their expectations. Guided by curiosity and purpose, we work to understand their workflows and present them with the most appropriate solutions across our range of enterprise offerings.
We’re discovering new business leads by making prospecting calls and networking. We demonstrate how Bloomberg's product offering will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.
What’s in it for you?
You will start by completing our comprehensive Analytics & Sales training program, covering all aspects of the financial markets: industry principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools Bloomberg has to offer!
You will join one of our Analytics teams, delivering exceptional customer support to our clients by providing fast and accurate solutions to their queries, while continuing to develop your knowledge through asset class and workflow specialist training.
You’ll need to have:
- The legal right to work in South Africa i.e. South Africa passport holder or South Africa national. Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor VISAs for South Africa.
- The desire and readiness to work and train in London for c.18 months, before being based permanently in South Africa with our sales department in Johannesburg. (As such, you will need to ensure that you are legally entitled to work in in South Africa. We can look to support your move to work in the UK.)
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) or relevant work experience
- Ability to multitask and resolve client inquiries while also proactively identifying sustainable workflow solutions for our clients
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in the financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- The desire to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic training and client facing environment
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and agility in a fast-paced environment
- Ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to start full time in 2024
- The ability to occasionally work weekends or on a bank/public/federal holiday (weekday off in lieu)
We’d love to see:
- Experience in South Africa through work or education
- Previous experience engaging with clients in a relationship management capacity
- Interest in innovative and emerging technologies or an interest in how technology can enhance workflows and efficiencies
We'll trust you to:
- Act as an advocate for Diversity and Inclusion, truly understanding its importance to our business
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at his: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa). Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org