AIM Trading Systems Client Support
Posted Feb 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 100548
What do we do?
A Portfolio Manager needs to break down the Profit & Loss for their Credit Default Swaps. You show them how to use the Position Manager features to break out the underlying calculations. A trader needs to post securities to Bloomberg's liquidity platform. You help them create tiered executable offerings to electronically interact with their clients and increase the efficiency of their business. A Compliance Officer is mandated by their firm's investors to monitor allocation fairness. You demonstrate how to use order audit trail reporting tools to identify amended post-execution historic transactions.
Our team: We are the first line of defence and first line of offense! We are the domain experts. We deliver knowledgeable, proactive service to our clients. We provide valuable insights that drive our business forward. Our industry leading buyside OMS - Bloomberg Asset & Investment Manager (AIM) - addresses the entire workflow of our clients from front-end portfolio management, analysis, and trading through to middle and back office operations. Our clients simply can't operate without us.
What's the role? You're a calm, knowledgeable force in a fast-paced, volatile market. Our clients rely on your domain expertise to guide them, so that they can use the full functionality of our Order Management Systems (OMS) to make better business decisions. You're always looking for and sharing tips and insights about classic features and exciting new functionality. And whether you're on a chat, getting on a call, or on-site with a client, you can quickly size up a situation and provide a solution.
Where can the role take me? Many individuals love the excitement and team feel on the AIM Trading Systems Client Support Team and continue to develop their career within Trading Solutions service. Some of our team challenge themselves in exciting leadership roles. Some dive deeper and become specialists in our more complex product offerings such as Compliance or Order Management. Others utilise their visionary and analytical expertise in a role with our product development team. Another option is to join one of our Account Management or Sales teams. Diverse opportunities are what our team does best! And Service our clients, of course.
We'll trust you to provide expertise in the three core areas below:
- Client Service: At Bloomberg we pride ourselves on focusing on the client experience, providing the fastest and most knowledgeable solutions to our clients. You will:
- Utilise your product expertise and acquired client knowledge to build and maintain credible relationships with clients.
- Exceed client expectations by taking ownership and driving resolution.
- Create clear and up-to-date documentation of client needs.
- Communicate effectively with external stakeholders.
Product and Domain Expertise: You'll know your customers' business, our competitors, and Bloomberg's product offerings, and:
Develop your knowledge of our products, and our customers' workflows.
Share and build knowledge across the business.
Stay ahead of what's happening in the financial markets and understand the impact on our clients.
Business Impact: This is the value add brought to internal stakeholders, including Product, Sales, Implementation & Engineering, where you'll:
Generate leads and contribute to Sales campaigns.
Validate, analyse, and prioritise product enhancement requests and fixes for Product and Engineering.
Provide valuable customer intelligence that drives product improvements and sales performance.
- A strong understanding of the buy-side full trade life cycle
- Previous exposure to the Financial Services and/or Technology industry
- Previous experience in buy-side or sell-side markets, and exposure to order management and electronic trading systems.
- Basic understanding of workflows used by Portfolio Managers, Traders, Middle-Back Office Analysts and Compliance Managers. The ability to build and understand complex workflows will be critical.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate problems and provide solutions.
- Great communication skills to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences.
We would love to see:
- Interest in technology and coding skills
- Fluency in another European language in addition to English is a plus
Why Bloomberg? Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent at Bloomberg and we do provide visa sponsorship for this role. However, each case is reviewed on an individual basis.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.