API Product Manager
Posted Mar 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 89517
Bloomberg is the market leader in providing Financial Technology, Data and Analytics. The Product Manager position within Bloomberg plays a key role in driving innovation.
This role is a unique opportunity within our API Products team, which brings together the latest technology, market-leading industry products, and delivery platforms including web-based and cloud.
The team is looking for an agile, dynamic, and innovative individual with experience in financial markets, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and an affinity for technology to join the team.
The API Products team is responsible for Bloomberg’s Desktop API & Server API, which deliver a wide set of data and analytics spanning across all asset classes via API. The team is responsible for building workflow tools and functionality to meet client needs, be it for data, advanced analytics, or our EMS/OMS/Portfolio APIs. The team also leads the integration of the APIs with third-party applications and BI tools. Server API allows clients to meet additional use-cases by consuming the same APIs in server-side vendor and proprietary applications, including web-based, mobile native, and cloud-hosted applications.
You would be responsible for understanding client needs and designing and executing product strategy to taking that strategy to the market and measuring efficacy. Some examples of what you could be working on include:
- Designing and taking to market a reporting tool bringing together best in class data and analytics with advanced visualizations and reporting capabilities
- Coordinating across departments to identify the most common API workflows and structuring them in Bloomberg’s proprietary data and analytics language
- Bringing to market Excel functions for complex APIs from design testing to release
- Giving input to the API Product business plan to shape product strategy
- Driving execution and roll out of Server API related cloud initiatives
We’ll trust you to:
- Own and coordinate products end-to-end across design, implementation, and client release
- Drive the roadmap and prioritize developments, considering customer input, product strategy, key value proposition, and competitor landscape
- Partner with Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood and coordinate overall delivery to plan
- Engage with clients to understand requirements, workflows, and key decision variables
- Prioritize user experience, conduct user research, and develop customer-centric solutions
- Work with Marketing and Sales to help promote our products to clients
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in financial markets
- A degree/master’s/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Demonstrable knowledge of client workflows and ability to delve deeper on key requirements
- The ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, gaining consensus and stakeholder buy-in, and aligning them to work cohesively towards the Product vision
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
We would love to see:
- Hands-on experience working with OMS/EMS/PMS/Reporting or other cross-asset financial products
- Experience in product management, in particular the Agile process
- A strong predisposition to action and a positive attitude to problem-solving
- Working knowledge of a programming language
- Experience with data engineering, machine learning, or data science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.