Accounts Payable Representative (12 Month Contract)
Posted Apr 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 102356
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business optimally, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. The Accounts Payable team's mission is to pay Bloomberg's vendors accurately and on a timely basis. We are responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned.
Our team manage relationships with internal and external partners to accurately and promptly deal with payments to all Europe, Middle Eastern and Africa vendors across many lines of businesses.
We are looking for someone with a love of all things Finance who possesses great attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills. You will need to establish relationships quickly and effortlessly, know how to network with people and what it really takes to simply get things done. You have the ability to handle high workload and volume, excellent multitasking and prioritization skills. You thrive in a team environment, and take time to really understand what does the customer needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for Europe, Middle East and Africa regions
- Ensure invoices scanned into the system are reviewed with accuracy, errors actioned and completed within our established SLAs
- Process high volume of invoices and ensure discrepancies detected are addressed within departmental SLAs established
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate department, company code, vendor, Purchase Order (where applicable), and tax code
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders queries in a timely manner. Actively encourage/reinforce the use of self-servicing options to our internal and external stakeholders
- Learn, monitor and handle internal processes at departmental level, troubleshot errors and be accountable to deliver to stakeholders, vendors and management with excellence
- Actively engage and adapt to various technology options – to drive greater automation and efficiencies
- Consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects, controls and month end activities
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written corporate communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – pivot tables, vlookups etc
- Thorough attention to detail, performing all work with high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in using SAP
- Fluency in a European language
- Knowledge of ARIBA
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- Experience with RPA/EDI
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com