Accounts Payable Representative - London
Posted Jul 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 76348
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide a professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
What’s the Role:
You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with. In order to be successful, you will need strong attention to detail and be an excellent problem solver. You have the ability to balance high workload yet understand the importance of controls. You have excellent communication and prioritisation skills, an ability to present ideas about process improvements and to question status quo. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for Europe, Middle East and Africa regions
- Process high volume of invoices in different languages
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate department, company code, vendor, Purchase Order (where applicable), and tax code
- Expertly take care of various internal partners and vendor queries
- Work closely with customers and colleagues to ensure accurate responses to payment related issues
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects and controls
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience with Accounts Payable (6+ months)
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Effective corporate communications skills, both mutual and writing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in one of the following European language: German, French, Norwegian, Swedish
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum framework
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status