Accounts Payable Representative
Posted Sep 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 118686
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide a professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Our team manage relationships with internal and external partners to accurately and promptly deal with payments to all Europe, Middle Eastern and Africa vendors across many lines of businesses.
You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with. In order to be successful, you will need strong attention to detail and be an excellent problem solver. You have the ability to balance high workload yet understand the importance of controls. You have excellent communication and prioritization skills, an ability to present ideas about process improvements and to question status quo. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for Europe, Middle East and Africa regions
- Ensure invoices scanned into the system are reviewed with accuracy, errors actioned and completed within our established SLAs
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate entity, vendor, department, purchase order (where applicable), and tax code
- Expertly take care of various internal partners and vendor queries on a timely manner, including responses to payment related issues
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when providing support/feedback within the Procurement to Pay teams and internal/external stakeholders whilst contributing to our objectives
- Collaborate confidently with a range of people at various levels within the organisation in order to achieve targets
- Learn, monitor and handle internal processes at departmental level, troubleshot errors and be accountable to deliver to stakeholders, vendors and management with excellence
- Actively encourage/reinforce the use of self-servicing options to our internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with our internal business associates to drive efficiencies in processes
- Meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects and controls
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Previous work experience with Accounts Payable, minimum 3 years*
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Thorough attention to detail, performing all work with high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in using SAP
- Fluency in a European language
- Knowledge of ARIBA
- Experience with RPA/EDI
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum framework
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.