Accounts Payable Representative
Posted Mar 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 81975
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business optimally, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. The Accounts Payable team's mission is to pay Bloomberg's vendors accurately and on a timely basis. We are responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned.
Our team manage relationships with internal and external partners to accurately and promptly deal with payments to all Europe, Middle Eastern and Africa vendors across many lines of businesses.
We are looking for someone with a love of all things Finance who possesses great attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills. You will need to establish relationships quickly and effortlessly, know how to network with people and what it really takes to simply get things done. You have the ability to handle high workload and volume, excellent multitasking and prioritization skills. You thrive in a team environment, and take time to really understand what does the customer needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for Europe, Middle East and Africa regions
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate entity, vendor, department, purchase order (where applicable), and tax code
- Maintain positive relationships by providing excellent service
- Be a great teammate, participating willingly and acting in support of the Global Accounting Operations business unit and the overall business objectives
- Collaborate confidently with a range of people at various levels within the organisation in order to achieve targets
- Partner with our internal business associates to drive efficiencies in processes
- Consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects and controls
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Thorough attention to detail, performing all work with high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Desire to develop a career and understanding within Bloomberg LP
- Proficiency in using SAP
- Fluency in a European language
- Knowledge of ARIBA
- Experience with robotics/EDI/automation
- Studying towards a relevant Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.