Agile Project Manager - Bloomberg Indices
Posted Apr 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 102272
The Bloomberg Index product provides proprietary indices for market participants to measure, analyze and invest in global financial markets across industry sectors, asset classes and strategies. Building on the wealth of financial data in the Bloomberg terminal, clients are able to construct new index strategies, examine and back-test index membership, performance and characteristics, and monitor index levels. Trillions of dollars are managed and benchmarked against our index products.
We sit at the center of the Bloomberg ecosystem ingesting and validating large volumes of pricing, reference, corporate action and ESG data across Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities and Strategies on a daily basis to reliably calculate and publish our indices to clients.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Index team and be part of delivering new Index products such as ESG Indices which are having a widespread impact on the global financial markets. The role will also involve managing some of our risk and control projects, ensuring that project deliverables linked to regulatory requests and audits, penetration tests and security scans are tracked and appropriately acted upon in a transparent and timely manner.
What you’ll be trusted to do
- Assist in the delivery of projects from initiation to completion using Scrum/Kanban
- Collaborate with Engineering Leads to come up with innovative project structures and reporting artifacts to suit the project at hand
- Analyze projects to uncover blockages and inefficiencies in the project pipeline and make proposals on how these can be improved
- Build a strong network and leverage relationships and influence to get things done
- Act as liaison between Engineering, Product, Global Data, Compliance, Risk and Information -Security teams to ensure effective flow of information
- Provide transparency on progress, blockers, risks and issues using thought out artifacts that not only benefit the project team in the day to day running of the project but can also be used to report status to senior stakeholders and sponsors
- Oversee the Scrum ceremonies of Engineering teams to ensure that they are adhering to agile principles and have effective feedback loops enabling continuous improvement throughout the project lifecycle
- Coach and advise Engineering Leads on project management best practices
- Act as a valued contributor in the creation and periodic reviews of Index policies and procedures
What We’re Looking For
- An excellent communicator at all levels of management
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- An effective team player
- Leadership mentality to drive highly effective collaborative teams
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to analyze a running project and identify key drivers of velocity
- Experience in running multiple projects concurrently with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders
You’ll Need To Have
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of Scrum or Kanban (professional accreditations are desirable)
- Proficiency in using Jira
- Proficiency in using MS Office
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility email@example.com.