You're someone with a passion for renewable energy and sustainability, and you are curious about how the power procurement strategies of large corporations will impact the future of energy. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience, through writing and oral presentations. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Bloomberg New Energy Finance is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our energy analysis team in London. You will be a part of our editorial and policy team and will focus on efforts by large companies to improve sustainability, reduce emissions and increase purchasing of renewable energy. You will also work closely with other BNEF analysts around the world who focus on corporate procurement. This is becoming a priority area of focus not just for corporations, but also for investors and for the clean energy sector.
We'll trust you to
- Become an expert on corporate energy procurement strategies, researching and writing about the efforts of large companies to improve sustainability and buy renewable energy in a variety of markets
- Work closely with other BNEF analysts around the world who work on corporate procurement issues
- Work closely with BNEF's large corporate clients, helping them devise a renewable energy buying strategy that takes into account of their needs across a variety of markets
- Understand the fundamentals of power markets, power purchase agreements, green certificates and how energy policies and renewable energy economics can affect corporate renewable purchasing decisions
- Understand how corporates make decisions on energy procurement, including not only sustainability concerns, but also those of costs and energy security
- Build and maintain datasets which track corporate renewable energy procurement
What's the role
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets and analysis
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior stakeholders
- Contribute to on-off pieces of consultancy on topics related to corporate procurement
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You need to have
- A strong interest in the areas of sustainability, renewable energy markets and corporate strategy;
- An advanced degree in sciences, engineering, social sciences, economics or business or work experience in this area;
- Exceptional communication skills in English including: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations to clients or at conferences)
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and a familiarity with data
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying scepticism to conventional claims within the industry and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to quickly understand, distill and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence in conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once, including those with colleagues or clients across multiple time zones
We'd love to see
- Ability to speak another European language would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working on sustainability at a corporation.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.